Monday, November 7, 2016

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens



Wade and I decided not to go adventuring this weekend. I know, how lame are we?! But sometimes you just have to relax.  So, let's talk relaxing in Europe. For me, It involves a lot of a yoga and a lot more of Netflix! Yes, there is Netflix in France and yes, it actually has more TV shows and movies!

I know what you're thinking, “Why is she rambling on about Netflix?” Well, I've been pretty homesick lately, and it may sound weird but it's kind of comforting knowing I can watch Netflix still. Folks, I know it may sound so lame, but it's sadly true! Now Wade and I have basically watched all the TV shows ever. I honestly feel like that proves how boring Forbach is.

Anyway, we have recently discovered a new Netflix original series! It was a very exciting moment for us. Folks, I'm going to need you all to turn on Netflix and watch The Crown! It is an amazing show! So amazing that Wade and I watched all ten episodes in two days. I'm kind of regretting that fact right now! It leaves you on the edge of your seat wanting more!

Now that I've got you hooked on The Crown, let's move on. As I was saying earlier, I'm pretty homesick. I miss just about everything. Don't get me wrong--I do love being here in France with Wade, and I do enjoy all the adventures we get to go on together. But sometimes I miss Utah a lot! Yesterday, was an “I miss Utah a lot” day! Wade knew this and as we were flipping through Netflix we found the movie The Sound of Music! Folks, if you know anything about me, you know that I LOVE musicals! I blame my mom for this lovely trait. Anyway, Wade knows my love of musicals. He decided to turn it on to help me be less sad (Awww). Folks, just like that I was less sad. There is just something about Julie Andrews singing about raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens that makes me feel so much better!

     

That movie made me think about my family. The Asays are musical junkies--again, a lovely trait from my mother! I remember being little and listening to Into the Woods.  I remember getting up early enough so that I could watch Donny Osmond in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at least once before I had to go to elementary school.  My happiest memories with my awesome siblings include us all watching what seems like every musical known to man.  It was nice to remember all this while I'm thousands of miles away from all of them. They are all my favorite people, and I'm lucky to have them.

Okay, so a few things to take away from this one. Um, obviously this post wasn't really about travel. Wade and I were lame this weekend and stayed home. There is still Netflix in France, so that’s good! And you may have learned that I love musicals, especially since they help me feel better when I'm sad and missing my family! Last but not least, my siblings are pretty cool!

Thanks for reading folks!


1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a good musical to turn that frown upside down! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete